[edk2-devel] SLDP: Usage of PE library context by debugger?

Jeff Fan fanjianfeng at byosoft.com.cn
Mon Aug 2 04:51:29 UTC 2021

Marvin,

ImageBase was saved in DR2 to help HOST debugger to locate the image base more easily, even though the HOST debugger could find the image base through searching the DOS image signagure.

The reason choosing DR1 and DR2 to save PDB & ImageBase contexts is just implementation only. And it could co-work with Debug Agent Lib implementation and SIMCS.  I am not sure whether is could co-work with INTEl System Debugging tools or not.

I don't understand why the new PeCoffLib implementation would break the existing debugging tools?Could you explain it more details?

Jeff
fanjianfeng at byosoft.com.cn