[edk2-devel] Is there any use case of FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf now?

Dandan Bi dandan.bi at intel.com
Thu Aug 5 11:44:38 UTC 2021

Hi Kun,

I plan to make some change for FirmwarePerformanceSmm.inf, may also update the behavior of FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf as they are sharing codes now.
And I saw you are the submitter of this driver. Could you help clarify following questions ? Thanks in advance.

  1.  Do you have the use case to leverage FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf to collect Standalone MM performance data now?
  2.  Do you have any Library/module used by StandaloneMmCore to collect Standalone MM performance data and report the data to FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm like the SmmCorePerformanceLib used for SMM core?
  3.  I plan to move some logic from FirmwarePerformanceDataTableSmm to SmmCorePerformanceLib as below. Do you think is it ok just to remove them from FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf now?

If there is not any module to report Standalone MM performance data to FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf, I think it should be OK to remove them from FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm now.

Change:
SMM performance data collection now:

  1.  SmmCorePerformanceLib collect all the performance data in SMM and report the data to FirmwarePerformanceDataTableSmm through status code.
  2.  DxeCorePerformanceLib will communicate with FirmwarePerformanceDataTableSmm to get the SMM performance data and allocate performance table to store all the performance data.
Now I want to simplify the process to make DxeCorePerformanceLib communicate with SmmCorePerformanceLib directly to collect SMM performance data, so FirmwarePerformanceDataTableSmm don't need to get the SMM performance data from SmmCorePerformanceLib and register SMI handler for the communication with DxeCorePerformanceLib.
For FirmwarePerformanceStandaloneMm.inf, just remove this logic if there is no module to prepare MM performance data to it now.

Thanks,
Dandan

View/Reply Online (#78707): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/78707
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io