[edk2-devel] SecCore evacuation in PeiCore?

Marvin Häuser mhaeuser at posteo.de
Sat Aug 7 18:54:50 UTC 2021

Good day everyone,
Good day Michael,

The commit that introduced T-RAM evacuation [1] also introduced the
function "MigrateSecModulesInFv()". It also is explicitly mentioned as
part of the control flow in the commit message. As far as I can see,
since then till today this function has never been called anywhere. Was
this some draft function that accidentally made it into the patch, or
did the caller get lost somewhere? The description makes sense to me and
I'm not experienced enough with the PeiCore control flow to tell whether
the PEIM migration somehow covers SecCore implicitly. Also I noticed it
only supports SecCore in a PE/COFF section, not a TE section. Is there a
rationale for that?

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,
Marvin