[edk2-devel] reg: iPxe Boot in NetworkPkg

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Feb 5 10:10:33 UTC 2021

On 05/02/2021 08:28, Sivaraman Nainar wrote:
> Hello Maciej:
>
> I met an issue when tried to do the PXE boot with keeping the ipxe.efi
> as boot file.
>
> When iPXE.efi is set as boot file once it downloaded it again starts, it
> does the download and start of iPXE continuously and at some point it
> asserts in MNP Driver.

Do you mean that you have set up an infinite loop in which UEFI loads
ipxe.efi which loads ipxe.efi which loads ipxe.efi which loads ipxe.efi
etc....?

If so, then my guess is that you are simply running out of stack space.
As far as I can tell, there is no memory protection around the stack in
EDK2: once you have set up any kind of infinite recursion scenario then
you are guaranteed to eventually underrun the stack and start
overwriting random areas of memory.

Michael

View/Reply Online (#71355): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/71355
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io