[edk2-devel] [Patch 1/1] EmulatorPkg/PlatformCI: stick with "ubuntu-18.04" for now

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Fri Jan 8 18:14:06 UTC 2021

On 1/8/21 11:01 AM, Sean wrote:

> Question to the community (especially those using a Linux environment)
> is what priority should it be to go resolve these and update CI to run
> on Ubuntu 20.04?  General premise is we should stay current without
> being bleeding edge but I want to understand other perspectives.

 From previous discussions, it sounds like we did want to be on the
bleeding edge - which I personally think is a bad idea, since breaking
changes can come in at the worst time.

Instead, we should stay on a stable release but watch out for newer
versions and move forward to them after applying any fixes.

--
Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#70066): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/70066
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io