[edk2-devel] Spell check corrections, package by package

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 09:42:00 UTC 2021

On 01/27/21 01:24, brbarkel via groups.io wrote:
> When we added the SpellCheck to CI, we intended to move through package by package and turn on the PR gate checks (right now they're all in "audit only"). To do this, we must first fix all the existing spelling errors and/or update the ignore lists and dictionaries with expected terms.
>
> I would like to start this process so that we can get enforcement on in the next couple of months. To pick a random package, I was going to start with NetworkPkg. Before starting, I wanted to ask what the community would like to see in terms of the number of patches and/or associated bugs. I'm comfortable with whatever because I will likely automate the bug opening and patch association (so beware if you want one bug per fix... there will be a LOT of bugs).
>
> Thoughts?

One BZ for OvmfPkg should work, with one associated patch series for
OvmfPkg. Each patch in the OvmfPkg series should fix typos in a given
module (library or driver or application) in OvmfPkg.

Duplicate all of the above for ArmVirtPkg (one BZ, one series, one patch
per module).

Thanks!

View/Reply Online (#70824): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/70824
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io