[edk2-devel] USB isochronous transfers

Ethin Probst harlydavidsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 15:32:59 UTC 2021

Hello all,

A few days ago Leif determined that the USB DXE does not implement
isochronous transfers. This will make USB Audio quite impossible as
the audio data endpoint requires isochronous transfers.

I was looking at the EHCI driver but I can't determine a couple things:

- Isochronous transfers have a different structure compared to other
URB types. (Each URB type may have its own structure -- I haven't
checked.)
- I can't seem to figure out how this is handled in, say, EhciDxe.
- If we were to try and implement this -- though I'm not quite sure
how -- would we need to modify the PEIs too?

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst

View/Reply Online (#77970): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/77970