[edk2-devel] AcpiViewApp is for ARM platform

Sami Mujawar sami.mujawar at arm.com
Thu Jul 29 10:39:02 UTC 2021

Hi Tiger,

AcpiViewApp is an extension to the UEFI Shell debug command ‘acpiview’.  I have not tired it on x86 as I have no means of testing this, but the application should work and dump raw table data.
As it stands Acpiview[App] lacks support for detailed parsing and analysis of the x86 specific ACPI table fields. However, the parsing mechanism itself is designed to be generic and it should be possible to add support for parsing x86 specific ACPI table fields.

For example, the GICC parsing is done by the following sections of the code:
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellAcpiViewCommandLib/Parsers/Madt/MadtParser.c#L101..L124
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellAcpiViewCommandLib/Parsers/Madt/MadtParser.c#L292..L302

Support for x86 specific MADT substructures can be added in a similar way.

Please do let me know if you have any queries or need any further information.

Regards,

Sami Mujawar