[edk2-devel] VirtIO sound device in qemu?

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Jun 9 12:25:16 UTC 2021

On 09/06/2021 11:57, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> I'm uneducated about the "deliverables" in GSoC, but in general I'd
> suggest narrowing down the scope as much as possible. I don't know how
> hard it is to program USB audio, but if QEMU provides a good device
> model for that, out of the box, I would recommend basing the edk2 work
> on that device.

QEMU also has good support for passing through a real USB device, which
might be useful if you ever suspect that the QEMU device implementation
is behaving incorrectly.

(This is not implausible: I still have several bugfixes for the QEMU USB
network device emulation sitting in an out-of-tree branch.)

Michael

View/Reply Online (#76269): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/76269
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io