[edk2-rfc] [edk2-devel] RFC: design review for TDVF in OVMF

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 15:47:58 UTC 2021

On 09/06/21 16:28, James Bottomley wrote:
> That would cut across the ApEntrypoint and the guidedStructureEnd.
> However, nothing says anything in the reset vector guided structure has
> to be data ... so it could equally well be code.  That means we can do
> guid based entries that contain the 32 bit real and 64 bit entry
> points.  This would also come with the added advantage that we can scan
> the OVMF binary to see what entry points it supports.

Isn't the initial state included in the save area just like for SEV-ES?
  So it's not even QEMU, but rather some external tool that builds the
encrypted image, that needs to understand that GUIDed structure.

The GUIDed structure can either include the entry point code; or it
could have room for a couple 8-byte pointers since any fixed-size area
in the GUIDed structure would be just a jump anyway.

Paolo

View/Reply Online (#76282): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/76282
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io