[edk2-devel] Help with debugging

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Fri Jun 11 19:42:31 UTC 2021

> On Jun 11, 2021, at 11:39 AM, Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
> How do you debug the EFI binary with LLDB? Can LLDB use GDB stubs or
> does that work differently?

Ethin,

Lldb is the command line debugger that comes with Xcode on Mac. There is no gdb with Xcode, so I have to use lldb for my day job.

Lldb can speak the gdb remote serial protocol: lldb -o “gdb-remote 9000”
That assumes you passed `-gdb tcp::9000`to QEMU.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#76406): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/76406
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io