[edk2-devel] Help with debugging

Ethin Probst harlydavidsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:29:42 UTC 2021

Initial connection and loading symbols:
Remote debugging using :1234
0x000000007e4b9517 in ?? ()
add symbol table from file "Build/MdeModule/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/UsbAudio.debug" at
	.text_addr = 0x7e4b8000
Reading symbols from Build/MdeModule/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/UsbAudio.debug...
Expanding full symbols from Build/MdeModule/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/UsbAudio.debug...
Backtrace:
#0  0x000000007e4b9517 in UefiMain (st=0x7f9ee018,
imageHandle=0x7e4f7518) at
/home/ethin/source/edk/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Application/UsbAudio/UsbAudio.c:72
#1  ProcessModuleEntryPointList (SystemTable=0x7f9ee018,
ImageHandle=0x7e4f7518) at
/home/ethin/source/edk/edk2/Build/MdeModule/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/MdeModulePkg/Application/UsbAudio/UsbAudio/DEBUG/AutoGen.c:300
#2  _ModuleEntryPoint (ImageHandle=0x7e4f7518, SystemTable=0x7f9ee018)
at /home/ethin/source/edk/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiApplicationEntryPoint/ApplicationEntryPoint.c:59
#3  0x000000007fead316 in ?? ()
#4  0x000000007e4f7518 in ?? ()
#5  0x000000007feab5c7 in ?? ()
#6  0x000000007fea3520 in ?? ()
#7  0x0000000101000000 in ?? ()
#8  0x0000000000000030 in ?? ()
#9  0x000000007e4f6018 in ?? ()
#10 0x000000007e60a918 in ?? ()
#11 0x000000000000011d in ?? ()
#12 0x000000007fea3528 in ?? ()
#13 0x000000007e4f7818 in ?? ()
#14 0x000000007e4f7c98 in ?? ()
#15 0x000000007fea3538 in ?? ()
#16 0x000000007e3abfca in ?? ()
#17 0x000000007e4f7418 in ?? ()
#18 0x000000007fea3528 in ?? ()
#19 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
Source-code listing:
1	/** @file
2	  GCC inline implementation of BaseLib processor specific functions.
3
4	  Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.<BR>
5	  Portions copyright (c) 2008 - 2009, Apple Inc. All rights reserved.<BR>
6	  SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-Clause-Patent
7
8	**/
9
10
Attempt to use "next":
72	} else if (interfaceDescriptor.InterfaceClass == 0x01 &&
interfaceDescriptor.InterfaceSubClass == 0x03) {
(This is my code but it continuously prints this same line over and
over every time "next" is used.)
Attempt to use "print Index":
No symbol "Index" in current context.
info local:
UsbIo = 0x0
interfaceDescriptor = {Length = 0 '\000', DescriptorType = 8 '\b',
InterfaceNumber = 1 '\001', AlternateSetting = 0 '\000', NumEndpoints
= 0 '\000', InterfaceClass = 0 '\000', InterfaceSubClass = 0 '\000',
InterfaceProtocol = 0 '\000',
  Interface = 0 '\000'}
i = 2118887920
numHandles = 264
handles = 0x4
status = <optimized out>
info symbol 0x0007E4B9440:
_ModuleEntryPoint + 576 in section .text of
/home/ethin/source/edk/edk2/Build/MdeModule/DEBUG_GCC5/X64/UsbAudio.debug
The extra weird thing about this is that CpuDeadLoop() is at the start
of the UefiMain function, its not on line 72. The program doesn't even
start there -- it starts by attempting to get the list of
EFI_USB_IO_PROTOCOL handles available. And GDB is making it look like
its skipping all of that.

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst