[edk2-devel] Proposing a new area of the edk2-test repository

Samer El-Haj-Mahmoud samer.el-haj-mahmoud at arm.com
Wed Jun 23 20:55:40 UTC 2021

+edk2 list

I am not against adding additional test tools to edk2-test. Just feel like there is a need to organize and have a strategy, rather than just use edk2-test as a dumping group of miscellaneous tools.

There is already a place for apps under https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/tree/master/MdeModulePkg/Application

We also have a number of EDK2 misc applications that use edk2-libc in https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-libc/tree/master/AppPkg/Applications

A couple of questions:

  *   Do you expect more apps from WinTestPkg to be contributed to TianoCore? And are they all around testing specific Windows requirements? If so, then having an edk2-test/WinTestPkg makes sense to me, as you will have a collection of useful testing app targeting specific area.
     *   But what about other OSes?
  *   If this is a one-off test app and other WinTestPkg apps are not going to be contributed, then does it make sense to put this under MdeModulePkg/Application ?