[edk2-devel] GSoC 2021: audio output protocol

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Wed May 19 01:41:51 UTC 2021

> On May 18, 2021, at 9:14 AM, Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings everyone!
>
> I've been selected as a student coder for the audio output protocol
> project with Ray Ni and Leif Lindholm as my mentors. This is my first
> time doing GSoC and working on EDK II so this will be very enjoyable
> and a wonderful learning opportunity for me. (It'll also give me
> something to do over the summer, which is always a plus.)
>
> Some of you have already communicated with me in the past, both about
> this proposal and about UEFI accessibility in general, and I'm glad to
> be working with you guys again. I'm primarily on Linux (Arch Linux to
> be exact) and I've already got my development environment set up and
> can fully compile OVMF. However, though I've read a bit through the
> UEFI driver manual, I certainly haven't read all of it, and I'm still
> quite unfamiliar with the EDK II code as a whole. So, how can I use
> this community bonding period to get to grips with the development
> process? What else do I need to learn?
>
> I apologize for not having many questions to ask -- this is my first
> time so I'm not really sure. :-) I can't wait to begin working with
> all of you this summer!

Ethin,

Maybe try making a simple Hello World App and figure out how to debug it. Also maybe make a stub driver that produces a protocol and write an app to access the protocol. That way you could practice using the environment for a simple task.

Maybe other folks have other ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#75300): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/75300