[edk2-devel] MinPlatform Board port (GSoC 2021)

Benjamin Doron benjamin.doron00 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:44:51 UTC 2021

Hi all,
My GSoC project proposal to work on a MinPlatform board port has been accepted, mentored by Nate DeSimone and Isaac Oram. Hopefully it will be an educational and enjoyable experience for me and a productive summer overall.

Nate and I have already discussed the project briefly on here, but in general, what would be a good way to communicate with mentors?

I've compiled a Kabylake RVP image, so my development environment is working here. I've also looked at the features directory and the board libraries to get an idea of the integration required. It appears that the libraries supporting FSP API and dispatch modes, respectively, offer different features (for instance, microcode patch in dispatch mode, HDA verb tables in API mode)? I had noted previous observations in the project proposal, but I will continue to familiarise myself with the OpenBoardPkg and MinPlatform control flow, so that I can identify and plan for possible issues in advance.

What else should I do in preparation/during the next 3 weeks?

Best regards,
Benjamin Doron

View/Reply Online (#75404): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/75404
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io