[edk2-devel] edk2-platforms, continuous integration, testing, and you

Isaac Oram isaac.w.oram at intel.com
Tue Jan 10 00:24:53 UTC 2023

I think that there shouldn’t be any difficulty to build QemuOpenBoardPkg and most of the Platforms/Intel packages (Simics and Purley are “special” and should be considered a waste of time at this time).  I know how stuart works but I assume at some point it is capable of running normal edk2 build commands.

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-platforms/tree/master/Platform/Qemu/QemuOpenBoardPkg has some discussion of the build and execution.
Almost everything is typical except our use of command line to configure PEI and DXE, “-D PEI_ARCH=IA32 -D DXE_ARCH=X64”
build -a IA32 -a X64 -D PEI_ARCH=IA32 -D DXE_ARCH=X64 -p QemuOpenBoardPkg\QemuOpenBoardPkg.dsc
I sent a commit to get all Intel advanced feature packages building with VS2019, CLANGPDB, and GCC5, NOOPT.
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p Debugging\AcpiDebugFeaturePkg\AcpiDebugFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p Debugging\BeepDebugFeaturePkg\BeepDebugFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p Debugging\PostCodeDebugFeaturePkg\PostCodeDebugFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p Debugging\Usb3DebugFeaturePkg\Usb3DebugFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p Network\NetworkFeaturePkg\NetworkFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p OutOfBandManagement\IpmiFeaturePkg\IpmiFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p OutOfBandManagement\SpcrFeaturePkg\SpcrFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p PowerManagement\S3FeaturePkg\S3FeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p SystemInformation\SmbiosFeaturePkg\SmbiosFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p TemplateFeaturePkg\TemplateFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p UserInterface\LogoFeaturePkg\LogoFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p UserInterface\UserAuthFeaturePkg\UserAuthFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p UserInterface\VirtualKeyboardFeaturePkg\VirtualKeyboardFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a X64 -b NOOPT -p edk2-platforms\Features\Intel\PlatformPayloadFeaturePkg\PlatformPayloadFeaturePkg.dsc
build -a IA32 -a X64 -b NOOPT -p AdvancedFeaturePkg\AdvancedFeaturePkg.dsc
https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/98210

Regards,
Isaac