[EnMasse] generated artifacts

Ulf Lilleengen ulilleen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 18:20:25 UTC 2017

On 10. april 2017 19:45, Vanessa Busch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Last Friday we spoke about putting the generated artifacts into the
> jboss nexus repo.  This will work well for most of the artifacts, but it
> won't help the artifacts generated from artemis-image, and qdrouterd.
>   It would be great if travis-ci could hold unto the latest built
> artifacts, but I didn't see a feature for that.  It can however, upload
> them to a github release, or to github pages.
>   I was thinking of modifying the builds to upload the artifacts to
> github release.  Hopefully, travis-ci can tag it with 'latest' or
> something equivalent.  Then having the actual image scripts & Dockerfile
> (or dogen yaml file) in a separate rep (dockerfiles).  This would help
> with converting to dogen.

Just wanted to note that one downside of putting dockerfiles in a
separate repository is that you could get a lot of unnecessary image
builds. Lets say for instance that configserv is built and triggers the
dockerfiles repo to build a new image. We'd have to add some special
trigger flags (assuming this is possible) so that the dockerfiles build
doesn't rebuild images for all enmasse components.

--
Ulf