[EnMasse] Repositories have been merged

Paolo Patierno ppatiern at redhat.com
Tue Jul 4 07:24:36 UTC 2017

Hi Ulf,
great work !

Just few considerations on the MQTT LWT service.
As I mentioned last time, the LWT feature is not a really "MQTT related"
but is having it on top of AMQP.

In the mqtt-lwt project I see :

   - the Netty MQTT coded dependency is used just for the MQTT QoS enum,
   that could be removed (using an "ad hoc" enum or just 0,1 or 2) -> no
   dependencies on MQTT related projects anymore
   - the only two AmqpWillMessage and AmqpPublishMessage classes involved
   use standard AMQP but add two annotations "x-opt-mqtt-qos" and
   "x-opt-retain-message". The first one could be not related to MQTT so we
   could remove the "-mqtt-" and in part it's decoded using the durable AMQP
   field (
   https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/blob/master/documentation/mqtt-over-amqp/docs/operations_connection.md#will-information-to-the-last-will-and-testament-service).
   The retain part is more MQTT specific (for the will message) even if you
   could not specify it having retain=false by default.

My instinct (but more thinking is needed) is to have an amqp-lwt service,
so outside of the whole "mqtt" umbrella.

What do you and the other guys think about that ?

In any case, today there is some messages classes duplicated between
mqtt-gateway and mqtt-lwt but now that they are under the same repo is
simpler to have an mqtt-common for them :-)

Thanks,
Paolo

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Ulf Lilleengen <ulilleen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The EnMasse repositories[1] have now been merged into:
>
> https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse
>
> All development on the former repositories will now be moved to the new
> one. See https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/blob/master/HACKING.md
> for instructions on building etc.
>
> Github issues, this mailing list or the #enmasse channel on freenode are
> good places to ask should you be having issues building.
>
> The old repositories have been marked with a 'moved' notification in their
> respective README.md files, but will be kept around for some time just in
> case.
>
> Repositories that doesn't directly involve EnMasse and have an independent
> release schedule will remain in their own repositories.
>
> [1] Repositories moved: admin, mqtt-gateway, mqtt-lwt, ragent, subserv,
> routilities, router-image, artemis-image, topic-forwarder, systemtests,
> router-metrics
>
> Happy hacking,
>
> Ulf

PAOLO PATIERNO

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MESSAGING & IOT

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>