[EnMasse] Multicast address

Lohmann Carsten (INST/ECS4) Carsten.Lohmann at bosch-si.com
Thu Jul 6 08:23:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

we have configured a multicast address in EnMasse and are seeing messages on that address being delivered only to 1 consumer, not all consumers
(messages ending up at different consumers seemingly in a round-robin fashion).
Here is the address config - we are using the "telemetry/DEFAULT_TENANT" address:
--
{
  "kind": "AddressList",
  "apiVersion": "v3",
  "items": [
    {
      "kind": "Address",
      "apiVersion": "v3",
      "metadata": {
        "name": "event/DEFAULT_TENANT"
      },
      "spec": {
        "store_and_forward": true,
        "multicast": true,
        "group": "event/DEFAULT_TENANT",
        "flavor": "vanilla-topic"
      },
      "status": {
        "ready": true
      }
    },
    {
      "kind": "Address",
      "apiVersion": "v3",
      "metadata": {
        "name": "telemetry/DEFAULT_TENANT"
      },
      "spec": {
        "store_and_forward": false,
        "multicast": true,
        "group": "telemetry/DEFAULT_TENANT"
      },
      "status": {
        "ready": true
      }
    }
  ]
}
--

In the EnMasse console we see the incoming/outgoing messages for the "telemetry/DEFAULT_TENANT" address.
In the list of outgoing links, the entries each have a delivery count less than the total number of messages.

Any idea on what could be the issue here or on how to debug this?

We are using EnMasse 0.11.2 on Kubernetes. Test have been done with Hono client/consumers and also with simple_send.py/simple_recv.py.

TIA

Best regards

Carsten Lohmann

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Schöneberger Ufer 89-91 | 10785 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com<http://www.bosch-si.com>
Tel. +49 30 726112-130 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | carsten.lohmann at bosch-si.com<mailto:carsten.lohmann at bosch-si.com>

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn