[EnMasse] Multicast address

Lohmann Carsten (INST/ECS4) Carsten.Lohmann at bosch-si.com
Thu Jul 6 15:35:43 UTC 2017

> How many routers do you have? Is it just one? Did you change the type of the address (i.e. delete and recreate with a different type) while there were links still attached?
Yes, just one router. We apply the standard "kubernetes/enmasse.yaml" from EnMasse 0.11.2 and then register the addresses. There were no changes to the addresses afterwards.

I think I found the problem here:
Our deployment pipeline applies the "enmasse.yaml" and then waits until the "messaging" service exists
(we added this so that resolution of ${MESSAGING_SERVICE_HOST} in our hono deployment yaml works).
Directly afterwards the addresses get registered.

And it seems that is too early - in the sense that the necessary EnMasse initialization is not ready at that point yet.
When I put a delay before the address registration, everything works later on.

Two question from this:
- Do you have a hint on what the condition should be on which to wait before registering the addresses?
Checking that "readyReplicas" of the "qdrouterd" deployment is greater zero?

- Could it be considered a bug that the address registration request got on OK response at that point?
Maybe there should have been a 503 response instead?

Best regards

 Carsten Lohmann

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Schöneberger Ufer 89-91 | 10785 Berlin | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-130 | Fax +49 30 726112-100 | carsten.lohmann at bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn