[EnMasse] 0.16.0-rc1 available for testing

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 11:42:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,

0.16.0-rc1 has been tagged[1]. Noteable changes for the upcoming release:

* Support for authorization at address level. To enable this, create
groups in keycloak on the form 'send_*' and 'recv_*', and have users
join a particular group to allow sending or receiving from a particular
address (wildcards if you want to allow on all addresses).

* Ability to deploy keycloak-controller standalone in order to
automatically manage an  external keycloak instance
* Enable hawtio console for brokers for easier debugging broker state.
The console is authenticated against keycloak.
* Configserv is removed from standard address space. This lowers the
footprint and complexity.
* Add prometheus and grafana addons that can be used to monitor the
messaging cluster, including routers and brokers
* Add prometheus endpoint to broker and remove hawkular support

Give it a spin and don't hesitate to report any issues you find.

I'll also add that we are in the process of planning the roadmap for the
next quarter, and will post an update on that next week.

[1]
https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/releases/download/0.16.0-rc1/enmasse-0.16.0-rc1.tgz
--
Ulf