[EnMasse] REST API

Keith Wall kwall at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 18:07:33 UTC 2019

Hi Tom,

In general, the EnMasse Address abstraction hides the implementational
details away from you.  In the case of queues in the standard address space
you don't know where your queue is, how many storage units (i.e. Brokers)
the queue is sharded across.  The implementation may move a queue between
storage units during its lifetime for efficient resource utilisation.   It
may not necessarily be hosted on a Broker....   Exposing the underlying
APIs would be an obstacle when offering these higher level behaviours.

Tell us about your use-case for for diverts?  They are something we intend
to look later this year, but it would good to hear your requirements.
Removal of messages is planned but we don't have a precise dates at the
moment.  Again, hearing the use-case is useful for us.

Kind regards

Keith.