Log from last EPEL SIG meeting

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 3 15:07:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:33:49PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :
>
> >   * RHEL5 final should be on the builders soon (maybe already when you
> > read this); thl will announce to Fedora contributors to actually start
> > to build for EPEL5 -- seems to him a lot of people wait for a "Go"
> > signal. The packages currently in EPEL5 probably need a rebuild; it was
> > discussed to simply delete the repo and build the packages again, but
> > between the meeting and writing the logs this issue was raised again on
> > the list
>
> So, what is it going to be? Delete everything and rebuild or append .1
> to the release and make new builds?

I hope we'll go with the non-forking version, but another unresolved,
but related matter came up: What happened to the disttag/repotag
discussion? If the disttag is extended to include some repotag the
rebuilds will be newer and thus we don't need to append .1 and fork
specfiles.

(Assuming that most packages that need a rebuild do have a %{?dist})

We should settle the disttag/repotag issue now to avoid further
rebuilds again.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net