Voting: repotag for EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Apr 5 08:19:29 UTC 2007

On 05.04.2007 09:50, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:22:37AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Yetserday you didn't even want to have EPEL be authoritative opn that
>>> and wanted to outsource the whole decision to the FPC. Why the change
>>> of heart? The voting above is the political aspect which we as EPEL
>>> need to make.
>> I still want to "outsource the whole decision to the FPC".
>>
>> [...] Currently I would vote "no", [...] But in real life it's no
>> "no" -- if the Packaging Committee is [doing certain things to your
>> liking]

"doing certain things to your liking"??? I don't care what they decide,
but in this case I think it's their business as the results have strong
impact for people that want to write spec files for Fedora and EPEL and
want to exchange then between the two.

> It's either us doing the whole act, e.g. decide on the political
> content and decide on the technical implementation, [...]

That's why we made sure we have people in both EPEL and the PC (e.g.
you) to work out a political and a technical solution that later works
for both sides.

Political and technical are hand in hand here, and IMHO should be solved
together.

>>> I'm sorry, but I can't control the content of this list, it is free
>>> for everyone and a thread can have both helpful and less helpful
>>> content. Dumping the whole discussion because someone tried to
>>> sabotage it by making it a flamewar is a good tool to stall us
>>> forever. [...]
>> Then please write a summary for those that got annoyed after the first
>> flamebit and stopped reading the thread further. I suppose many people did.
>> Summing up seems quite important to me, that why I added it to the
>> voting rules that I proposed for discussion:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-April/msg00003.html
> I checked the threads and all names of the people voting appeared in
> there, I'm really not game for rereading about 100 emails and summing
> them up - if you feel you need to do so, nobody will stop you.
>
> Please, Thorsten, we did set up a voting body to overcome situation
> like these w/o endless debates which will eventually all contain some
> flamesets or another. [...]

People that vote should know what they vote about to make the decision,
and that's not the case here afaics.

CU
thl