Voting: repotag for EPEL

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 5 10:02:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:55:31AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I other words: FPC is no dumping ground for realizing something EPEL wants.

No, we will certainly resist that. That was not what I was implying,
you probably know that. The point is - once again - that the political
decision is not FPC's to make, but EPELs, don't push that away. The
engineering/implementation parts are FPC's to make.

> Axel, the best thing at this point of time afaics is not a binding vote
> with the question "Should EPEL carry a repotag". A more simple
> questioning "Should we investigate further if we want to use a repotag
> and how it could be realize it if we want to" would be much better.

Aka postpone, work w/o a repotag and later noone wants to touch it
again. Aka effectivly vote against it, but pretend we care. Why didn't
you "investigate" when it was discussed? Everyone else including the
FPC did.

We need to finalize it and face it with a proper decision, no more
pushing away to FPC, future or any other place/time.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net