Voting: repotag for EPEL

Bernard Johnson bjohnson-sender-11eeb1 at symetrix.com
Thu Apr 5 18:52:03 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> That already happened a month ago and generated lots of discussion on
> this list: 22% of this list's traffic ever is about that! And just for
> fun with stats: 21% of the traffic was about banning
> fedora-usermgr. It is really beaten to death and beyond.
>
> Please check the archives if you weren't subscribed back then.

(my comments on this apply to repotag as well)

I read every single message.  Not a fun read.  No one was listening to
anyone else.  You are right, we do not need to rehash that.

But what we do need is a clear concise summary of the pros and cons
(both fedora-usermgmt and repotag).  This should be 2-3 paragraphs
written by someone with a strong opinion on either side.  There is
almost nothing in those long threads that can't be boiled down to a
couple of paragraphs for voting purposes.

And if you don't feel strongly *for*, and no one is willing to step up
to that small task, I don't even see how this is vote worthy.