Voting: repotag for EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Apr 6 09:25:46 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 01:49:26PM -0600, Bernard Johnson wrote:
>> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> Gosh, contrary to my vanishing sanity I succumb, and I fed the votings
> with some notes, I even did some research with my FPC hat on on what
> the best implementation would be and added that as a note, too. Which
> since it was just *my* FPC hat is just a suggestion about how the FPC
> may attack this, it is neither part of the EPEL voting, nor a
> guarantee that the FPC will do so. There may be even smarter and
> better implementations.

The critique I issued multiple times somewhere else in this thread still
is the same: I don't want to give a binding vote on a "Should EPEL carry
a repotag? If yes, the technical details will be delegated to the
Packaging Committee." question at this point of time. I want to see what
burden a repotag might create for packagers before I'll feel safe to
bless repotags. So I would vote "no" to currently; but I would vote
"yes" to a question "Should we further investigate the use of a repotag
and the technical details how to realize them", as long as someone is
willing to do the investigating work.

CU
thl