Relationship to existing 3rd party repos/CentOS/SL?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Apr 14 16:12:38 UTC 2007

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:

>> Frankly, if someone feels that they don't think it important to play
>> nice (and do the right thing, imo), I would rather they not be involved
>> in this project.

> That seems rather blunt and unnecessary.

Blunt, yes.  Necessary, I think so.  For me personally anyway, this is
very important for project relations.

> Hi Rex, I'm confused if you are suggesting you'd rather I'd not be
> involved in EPEL because of my above statement?
> Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion.

I think so, and certainly not my intention to imply anything against you
personally.  Please stay.  :)

> Has someone proposed a set
> of guidelines for repos to follow that you feel would be somewhat easy
> to enforce?

No one is suggesting red-tape, rules, regulations, enforcement (I hope
not, anyway).  I'd argue public/stated intentions/goals (to play nice)
and a best effort to follow through on said intentions is wholly sufficient.

-- Rex