Relationship to existing 3rd party repos/CentOS/SL?

Bernard Johnson bjohnson at symerix.com
Sat Apr 14 16:56:22 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>
>> I'm all for playing nice with other repos, but I still believe that
>> trying to work out all the technical and political issues is far more
>> trouble than it is worth.
>>

> Jeff, I think I know where you're coming from, but you simply can't have
> it both ways.  One either plays nice or not.
>
> Frankly, if someone feels that they don't think it important to play
> nice (and do the right thing, imo), I would rather they not be involved
> in this project.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I felt that many people, including myself, thought
that this was not an EPEL issue but a FPC issue and should be pushed to
them instead.

I mean really, EPEL is not "Joe's EPEL" it is "Fedora EPEL" and if
Fedora as a whole can't/won't adopt this proposal, why should it be our
burden?  We are simply lower minions of the entire Fedora hierarchy
working specifically on EPEL.

I think Axel's proposal still has merit, but the right thing is to throw
it to FPC.  And nothing in the vote says that he can't.  In fact, I hope
he does.