Responsibilities of the Steering Committee chairmen (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows EPEL meeting)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 18 16:57:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:37:05PM -0500, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> I know we discussed the chairman deciding when we take a vote on an
> issue.  (wiki based voting anyway) Not sure if that was official, or
> just an idea though.

That would be an argument against such a dict^W^W^W^Wchairman.

In fact shouldn't there actually be a vote first on whether epel
actually *needs* a chairman? Only a few weeks ago some people thought
epel didn't even need a steering committee.

fwiw the fpc has no chairman, at least none of these repsoibilities
and powers, the outstanding member of the fpc is spot who runs the
meetings, but reports, summaries, vote preparation etc happen in a
round-about fashion.