Topics for todays EPEL SIG meeting

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:46:59 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Here are the IMHO main topics the SIG Meeting probably should look at in
> todays meeting (17:00 UTC, #fedora-meeting on freenode):
>
> /topic EPEL Meeting -- mass rebuild for RHEL5
> /topic EPEL Meeting -- chairmen
> /topic EPEL Meeting -- shortcut for branching -- dgilmore?
> /topic EPEL Meeting -- Communication plan for enterprise
> customers/ISVs/IHVs -- stahnma, quaid
>
> Looks like I'll miss todays meeting as I have to join something work
> related -- that's scheduled one hour earlier than the EPEL SIG Meeting,
> and will probably take until after it ends. No keyboards or computers
> nearby. Sorry.
>
> Nevertheless, here are some things from my side:
>
> - mass rebuild for RHEL5 -> somebody should check how much stuff got
> rebuilded; we should decide what to do with the rest of the arch
> packages. My vote: add a ".1" to release, commit, tag, build after a
> additional wait period of 48 hours; I really want to get this of the table.
>
> - chairmen -> I'm willing to to that job for the next months. Most of
> you know how I worked in FESCo, which as such is my reference ;-) My
> main goal is to get EPEL really speed up now.
>
> - "shortcut for branching -- dgilmore?" -> Now that we have RHEL5 on the
> builders and the rebuild is done soon I really want to give a "start
> now" signal to Fedora contributors that are waiting for it (there are
> some that do). But I fear questions like "do I have to go through
> bugzilla for all of my X packages to ask for EPEL branches?" or "what to
> do with packages that were reviewed in the early days (e.g. before we we
> used bugzilla)". We should find a solution for those questions and
> document them somewhere before we give the "start now" signal. But we
> need a CVS admin for that that tells us how this shortcut could looks
> like. dgilmore?
>
> CU
> thl

I am also unable to attend today.  I am traveling on business and have
appointments mid-day.  (Have I mentioned this time-slot isn't the
greatest for those of us who don't work at RH or live in Europe?)

Also, I have query to dgilmore about the mirroring and links for
epel-release?  Can I use mirrorlist now and have the epel-release
package work with 5Client, 5Server, 4[AS|ES|WS] ?

I haven't made any headway on the communication plan this week.

stahnma