Plan for tomorrows (20070801) EPEL SIG meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 1 17:02:48 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 19:32 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> EPEL announcement happened -- are we satisfied with how everything
>> worked out?
>
> In retrospect ...
>
> * Someone else (not @redhat.com) could have sent the email and avoided
> some confusion.

True. EPEL repository media coverage has not been bad but by no means large.

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/10941/red-hat-launches-new-package-repository-enterprise-linux

Linux electrons assumed it was a Red Hat effort since you send the mail
and so did Distrowatch which used it as a reference in

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070730#news

Linux.com had a article with extensive references to the EPEL FAQ

http://www.linux.com/feature/118304

We have had some discussions in fedora marketing list and with some
other product management folks about how it relates to RHEL. Short
outlook is supportive but wait and watch for more input.

If there are no announcements to RHEL announce lists being send out
someone should atleast do it informally in the user lists.

Rahul