relations with other repos in practice

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 23:18:52 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas wrote:

> I remember reading the posts, but I don't remember anything practical
> being said, especially that responds to my questions. I used dag as a
> fictitious example.

I don't think anything was decided upon along those lines you were
asking for. Tim wrote up a draft for a high level agreement and I made
some changes he seemed to be unhappy with.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RepositoryCollaboration

You can find the original draft in a previous revision. I haven't had
time to followup through FESCo or other repository maintainers yet
though Rex Dieter did add a acknowledgment. If they find this or the
previous draft useful, we can push through this. If other repository
maintainers are watching the discussions, do provide some feedback.

> Another question (quite unrelated), is there a place where the
> repos are listed?

We generally avoid pointing to third party repositories to avoid any
potential legal risks. EPEL FAQ mentions centos.karan.org (in a positive
way) since it is a simple rebuild of Fedora Extras and would only
contain patent encumbered Free and open source software just like Fedora.

Rahul