EPEL report week 32 2007

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 15 15:18:52 UTC 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>  * yum for EPEL4
>
>   * Jeff_S will investigate if it's possible to ship yum without a
> yum.conf

This looks like it won't be a problem.  I just rebuilt the yum
package without including a yum.conf and it installs fine.  I also
removed the requires on 'yumconf' as that is something which is
provided by the centos-release package but it's not in RHEL-4.
Here's what happens when you run yum without a /etc/yum.conf file:

# yum update
Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.conf

You can get my updated yum package here:
http://www.sheltren.com/epel/packages/yum-2.4.3-0.4.EL4.src.rpm

sha1sum is in:
http://www.sheltren.com/epel/packages/sha1sums.txt which is signed
with my gpg key.