Complete RHEL package lists?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Aug 22 02:03:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 8/21/07, Michael Stahnke <mastahnke at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > There are a lot of people here with knowledge of how Red Hat works.
> > >
> > > Is there an impediment to getting that list?
> >
> > Can someone detail out what information is being looked for?  Also,
> > what channels in RHN would some of this stuff fall under.  I think
> > that tomcat and lots o' other java stuff is in some developer
> > channels.  We'll need to iron the whole thing out.
>
> Well there is the "Extras" which contains non-FLOSS code and some
> kernel modules that arent in the main-line I think. The only other
> stuff that would be not on CentOS-4/5 that is on RHN would be the RHX
> channels.

I think there's more than just RHX/Extras. Everything that is in RHN and
that is not available from ftp.redhat.com in RPM or SRPM format. There are
beta-channels that are not offered as SRPM afaik.

But it's hard to list things that you don't know exist :) Someone with
full RHN access could simply verify for himself.

Also, it would be useful to have everything that cannot be distributed
available in nosrc format as well.

Kind regards,