Meetings and mailiglists/decision finding process

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 05:41:57 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > +1
> > >
> > > Deadline is five minutes before the meeting.
> > Was this part a joke?  I couldn't tell from email :)
> >
> > I have no problems getting things done on the list.  (At least I can
> > read that when I get to it).
>
> Nope, not a joke, but maybe I fail to see any irony in the idea?
>
> It was a follow-on to the idea that one of the greatest benefits a
> weekly meeting gives you is a chance for everyone to catch up on writing
> and reading status reports.
>
> But if we're going to rely upon content from those reports to inform
> meetings, they need to be done before the meeting; I just think it's OK
> to say that the last minute before a meeting is OK.

If a status report is given a minute before the meeting, then we have
to take a break during the meeting to read and discuss.  Either that,
or we read it after the meeting and any discussion happens the next
meeting or on list.  It just seems ineffective to have a deadline a
minute before we are in a forum to take action...unless everything
only applies to the next meeting.

stahnma