Wishlist

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Dec 11 08:11:35 UTC 2007

On 10.12.2007 18:40, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 09:22 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> This weekend I took a closer look at our wishlist and added a bunch of
>> (IMHO) popular Fedora packages still missing in EPEL. Then I wrote a
>> little script that emailed all the owners and co-maintainers asking them
>> for their EPEL plans regarding the package in question; to track that I
>> added a status column in the wishlist. See:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList
>> I plan do to that again now and then in the future -- so if you want to
>> see a package in EPEL just add it to the wishlist with the status
>> "unknown" -- then my script (when I run it) will send a mail to the
>> maintainer.
> It would be really useful if the wishlist also stated who requested it
> with a very brief reason - two of my packages (ruby-activesupport and
> ruby-activerecord) are on that list.

It might be in the wiki history somewhere.

/me looks

There is is, change from TillMaas:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList?action=diff&rev2=19&rev1=18

But tracking that informations (in another column of the table) just
makes everything harder and more complicated. I'd like to avoid that.

> I don't really want to put them into EPEL; I'd much rather put all of
> the rails gems in there, (rubygem-rails and dependencies), but I'd like
> to have a quick chat with whoever wants those packages to make sure that
> that is what they need.

Well, I think the maintainer should be in a good position to judge
what's the best way forward in situations like that. But if there are
doubts (like in this case) I'd say asking on the list (where lots of
people (often including the requester) are around to share their
opinion) is the better solution than asking just the person that did the
request.

CU
knurd