Updated Build Roots to 5.1

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 14:29:17 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I've updated the build roots to 5.1 and sent a test build through it
> seemed to work fine.  Please keep an eye out for any issues.

I couldn't get this to work.

My package needs libvirt >= 0.2.1 which was distributed in RHEL 5.1 (but
not RHEL 5 GA which used some older version of libvirt).

I just now tried a rebuild and encountered two problems.  Firstly all
the builders except the ppc builder seem to be down:

$ plague-client list_builders

Builders:
   xenbuilder1.fedora.redhat.com           x86_64 amd64 ia32e noarch
i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon     unavailable
   xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com               unavailable
   xenbuilder3.fedora.redhat.com               unavailable
   hammer2.fedora.redhat.com               x86_64 amd64 ia32e noarch
i386 i486 i586 i686 athlon     unavailable
   ppc1.fedora.redhat.com                      unavailable
   ppc2.fedora.redhat.com                  ppc ppc32 noarch     alive
   ppc3.fedora.redhat.com                  ppc ppc32 noarch     alive

Secondly the build (on the ppc builder) failed, indicating that libvirt
 >= 0.2.1 isn't available:

http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-epel/37359-ocaml-libvirt-0.3.3.0-4.el5/ppc/job.log
Cannot find build req  libvirt-devel >= 0.2.1. Exiting.

Rich.