BUG: clamav packages badly broken

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 00:43:04 UTC 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 4:27 PM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, lonely wolf wrote:
>
> > On 12/29/2007 09:34 PM, Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> > > Back to using Dag's repo - setup all sorts of yum exceptions, so that the
> > > broken EPEL packages do not interfere with the good packages provided by
> > > Dag. Welcome to the repo hell. :-(
> >
> > That't exactly what yum-priorities has been written for. Just setup rpmforge
> > with a bigger priority over epel and you are done.
>
> Last time such a discussion popped up and I simply stated that RPMforge
> and EPEL are not compatible and you are better off using only one of both
> I was told to stop spreading FUD (by Rex Dieter).
>
> Apparently it stopped being FUD today ?

I do not know. FUD is an overused acronym and probably is a corollary
to Godwin's law. It also depends on the tone and how it was said.
Email is not a medium to give tone or meaning to statements.. it is a
medium for partisan bickering. This is not an issue that can be solved
in a one paragraph email. It is a problem that will take a multi-line
sets of emails and people reasonably listening to each other, asking
for clarifications, and working towards and accepting an 'imperfect'
middle ground.