recruiting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Dec 5 21:22:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 07:34:11PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Yes, completely agreed. But I'd like to avoid a deadlock where packages
> do not enter the repo because people fear hypothetical problems. We'll
> find solutions when problem comes up (just as RH sometimes has to find
> special solutions).

I am not completly convinced, shouldn't the solution be found in fedora
rather than in EPEL?

> And nobody pays us for the job, so I suspect most
> people won't yell at us when we say "okay, we had to update foo to
> version bar which break ABI and API because backporting the security fix
> was to hard"

It is not the point, in my opinion. The point is if we can be almost sure
that a package will bring in some problems we want to avoid, then we
should avoid it. What is unclear to me is what we want to avoid.

--
Pat