Wishlist

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Dec 10 08:22:39 UTC 2007

Hi all!

This weekend I took a closer look at our wishlist and added a bunch of
(IMHO) popular Fedora packages still missing in EPEL. Then I wrote a
little script that emailed all the owners and co-maintainers asking them
for their EPEL plans regarding the package in question; to track that I
added a status column in the wishlist. See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/WishList

I plan do to that again now and then in the future -- so if you want to
see a package in EPEL just add it to the wishlist with the status
"unknown" -- then my script (when I run it) will send a mail to the
maintainer.

There are a few packages on the wishlist where the Fedora owner does no
participate in EPEL. And takers for them? Here's the list:

> ||  bazaar  ||  A distributed revision control system  ||
> ||  chkrootkit  ||  Tool to locally check for signs of a rootkit  ||
> ||  freenx  ||  Free Software (GPL) Implementation of the NX Server  ||
> ||  libsidplay  ||  Commodore 64 music player and SID chip emulator library  ||
> ||  mediawiki  ||  A wiki engine  ||
> ||  mmv  ||  Move/copy/append/link multiple files  ||
> ||  rt3  ||  Request tracker 3  ||
> ||  sylpheed  ||  GTK+ based, lightweight, and fast email client  ||

CU
knurd