BUG: clamav packages badly broken

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Dec 29 03:20:56 UTC 2007

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> flame wars), translation issues, or the reality of it.. it was pretty
> much either his way or someone else maintain it and all his other
> packages. Since that was not what I was looking for.. I decided to let
> it rest.

I don't know what are the approval criteria, but the following test must
be passed by any package containing a daemon (service) before it's released:

A package containing a daemon (service) must successfully execute
"service daemon-init-script start" after the package has been installed.
This command must launch a working instance of the daemon, with at least
the basic functions enabled, the definition of "basic" depending on the
daemon. No configuration changes should be required for that. Examples:
Apache, Sendmail, Postfix, Squid.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/