resolution for python-imaging in EPEL

Daniel Riek riek at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 15:22:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 17:01 +0200, Joel Andres Granados wrote:

> Question:  was the fact that python-imaging got introduced to RHELClient
> and not Server a conscious determination or
> was it a mistake?
> if it was a conscious determination, what are the policies that dictate
> when and how this occurs? and where can they be found?
I think it was a side effect of the decision to move whatever required
it to the Client but not the core Server (need to review that). There is
no publicly available policy document on this, but in general packages
that are pulled in by another package, move to the repository of that
other package. It also was a mistake because I could have forseen that
sofware wants to use it.

Regards,

Daniel
--
Daniel Riek, Product Manager Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Inc.
E-Mail: riek at redhat.com, http://www.redhat.com/