python-imaging end of life in cvs

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 11:46:26 UTC 2007

Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>>> mmm, maybe I didn't make myself clear. :(. I'm asking about the EPEL
>>> cvs branch for python-imaging.
>>> I know the others are there to stay:)
>>>

>> We these days afaik try to avoid to delete any branches that were
>> created.
>>
>> For this case it might make sense, but its a whole lot easier and likely
>> more that good enough to just delete all files from the EL5/ directory
>> and put a dead.branch file into it which explains the situation in a few
>> words.
>>
>> CU
>> thl

> understood

Done:).

For the EPEL/el5 branch.  I checked the channels for RHEL4 and AFAIK
python-imaging is not there.
This would mean that it should be in EPEL.  So the right thing to do
according to what was discussed, is to
build with package based on fc3 (python 1.1.4) and use 1.1.4-1 as a
release number.
And prepare a "We are sorry for the hassle" message for the people that
had already used python-imaging.1.1.6
from EPEL/el4 repos.

or have things changed since?
Comments?