EPEL report week 29 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jul 22 13:48:18 UTC 2007

On 22.07.2007 15:04, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> === EPEL 5 ===
>>
>> Number of source packages: 469
>> Number of binary packages:  853
> The count here is different from the number of indexed packages at
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/index.html.
> Why is that?

Afaics this is the reason:

repoview (icon, please correct me if I'm wrong) counts all packages in
the repo which sometimes includes old versions -- E.g. the wine package
for example is counted twice, because 0.9.39-1.el5 and 0.9.41-1.el5 are
in the repo. See
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/wine.html

My script uses repoquery and counts only the latest version of a package
(e.g. I don't use "--show-dupes").

Both approaches IMHO make sense for their purpose. Sure, I could use
"--show-dupes" as well, but the number would be a bit misleading IMHO.

> Also shouldn't this report also include a section on EPEL 4?

Hmmm, it's part of it afaics.

Cu
thl