Maintaining vpnc and NetworkManager-vpnc for EPEL

Kyle Gonzales kyle.gonzales at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:20:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 18:53 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> On 20.07.2007 12:42, Kyle Gonzales wrote:
> >
> > I contacted the current Fedora maintainers of vpnc and
> > NetworkManager-vpnc.  For vpnc, the author was glad to have me assist.
> > For NetworkManager-vpnc, there was no response from the author for
> > several days now.
> >
> > How do I get started in getting these packages into EPEL?  I can do
> > builds for both RHEL4 and RHEL5.
>
> Well, are you a Fedora contributor already? I can't locate your name on
> https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/dump-group.cgi?group=cvsextras&role_type=user&format=html
>
> Until all EPEL Contributors came into EPEL via Fedora and its sponsor
> process.
>
> CU
> thl

I am not currently maintaining any Fedora packages, but I have created
both a Fedora user and wiki accounts, and signed the CLA.

So, I guess you are staying then that my next step is to be sponsored as
someone, so that I can maintain packages?  If so, then I have someone
who can sponsor me.
--
Kyle Gonzales <kyle.gonzales at gmail.com>
Tech blog at http://techiebloggiethingie.blogspot.com/