Mock Configs [Was: Re: Plan for tomorrows EPEL SIG meeting]

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 13 12:41:36 UTC 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:21 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>
>> At one point a while back I was building something for el5 x86_64,
>> and I ran into a problem of yum pulling in i386 packages (from the
>> x86_64 core repo).  Talking to people in #centos-devel, I got the
>> following exclude line from Johnny Hughes (slightly modified) for the
>> mock config:
>> exclude=[a-zA-Z]*.i?86 g[^l]*.i?86 glib2*.i?86 glib-*.i?86 glib.i?86
>
> I've always used simply,
> exclude=*.i?86
> why the extra fuss and complexity?
>
> -- Rex

I'm really not sure.  What I got from Johnny seems to be what is used
in the Fedora configs:
exclude=[ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz]*.i*86 g
[abcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz]*.i?86 glib2.i?86 glib.i?86 *-devel.i?86

I simplified the regexes a bit to get what I pasted in my previous
mail, but honestly I don't know why not just exclude all i?86
packages.  Are there possibly packages that we need that are not
excluded by that line?

Either way, I think we need to have some sort of exclude for the
x86_64 config or we end up with yum errors due to conflicting x86_64/
i?86 packages.

-Jeff