Log from todays meeting

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:09:01 UTC 2007

On 6/16/07, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> > 00:35 <         f13> | smooge: if these repos would just drop the
> > illegal content then it would be much easier.
>
> What is illegal to you, is not illegal to me. I do not live in the US and
> I do not want to be bound to US law. Other countries may even be stricter
> than US law.
>
> It's not only problematic that US is lobbying for stricter laws all around
> the world, but using this forum and repositories to force US law on the
> rest of the world I find distasteful.

Jesse just needs to take some classes in talking from his mouth versus
other parts of his body.

People employed directly or in-directly by a US company have to
remember that their company is subject to US laws. Any work that they
do that could be seen as Red Hat promoting the breaking of those laws
can be enforced against the company. And unless you are a lawyer.. its
hard to know when you are using your first amendment right as an
individual or as a paid employee of XYZ corp. And yes I think it
sucks, the laws suck, and the US acting like an Empire when ti cant
pay its light bills sucks.