Release and update procedure for EPEL

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Mar 2 15:00:16 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 08:33:19 am Michael Stahnke wrote:

> I guess I assumed we were not aiming to replace RHEL base packages.
> As for the other channels of software, we probably need to visit each
> one.  Does CentOS or Scientific currently repackage the other channels
> that RH normally charges subscription for?  Excuse my ignorance, we
> are strictly a RHEL shop.
>
> For example, Directory Server, Application Server, Developer Suite
> Channel, etc are all add-on channels that have a lot of great packages
> but are not part of the core RHEL base.  Maybe it's a good topic for
> this weekend's meeting?

AFAIK they don't.  but i have never really looked.

Directory server is a special case.  There is Red Hat Directory Server  which
is paid for and comes with support  etc.  Then there is Fedora Directory
Server which is Free and comes with community support.  I already have buy in
from the Directory Server guys to get Fedora Directory Server into EPEL.

Both use the same code base.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE