rename fedora-usermgmt?

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 14:22:10 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:19:57PM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
>> Axel Thimm wrote :
>>
>>> FWIW I hate it, too, anyone here around with other feelings for that?
>>> Maybe we're all "that guy" ;)
>> Seems so. A nice clean list of all fixes uids and gids used in Fedora
>> is what I've always wished for.
>
> /usr/share/doc/setup-*/uidgid is supposed to be just that, or not?

Yes, but only up to uid 100. I remember having a discussion about this
with Jeremy several months ago, and istr him liking the idea of us
creeping into at least the 101-499 space for the hard-coded uidgid list,
but that someone needed to actively push this. One thing that needs
clarification is the (iirc) LSB, with respect to what 101-499 can be
used for. We'd like to maintain LSB compliance, but the guidelines were
a bit hazy in this area, so perhaps pushing the LSB to clarify how that
uid space should be used is the first step to deep-sixing the atrocity
that is fedora-usermgmt (hey, I'm that guy too).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com